Wednesday 6 January 2016

Merry Mixing wedding

Merry Mixing wedding

 

I was invited to participate in an inmate wedding ceremony. He had accepted Islam inside. Finding a partner through the pen pal service was his lucky star. The bride is Christian. She was full of joy and beauty on this sunny winter morning.

The Rev Chaplain organised the event with the services of the Town clerk to preside over the beautiful young couple.

I concluded with the blessings of the Islamic marriage. The witnesses were the mother of the groom and the groomsmen.

There was a camera for pictures.  We enjoyed lots of laughter after the benedictions because I said the groom may now have his halal kiss!

 

I thought I will pen these verses.

 

Waiting in queue

Not knowing whether fate will find me a mate

I had changed faith but not fate

I met the most beautiful inside bars

 

Today my years of wait is over

I only desire to make her my queen and my baby a princess

How can I not be thankful?

How can I turn from being faithful?

 

My mother beside me on my worse and best days

The snow will come no matter how late

The sun will rise no matter how cloudy

Love will find you no matter your color or crime.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment