Thursday 17 September 2015

OmarIbbott Rahmatullahi alaihi

You made the light of the season of Hajj
You left us suddenly
This path you’ve chosen despite our cries
Unlike the many who sought to fight you left, my sunshine

I remember your young days learning Quran
I saw a bright boy graduating from Queens
I lived to enjoy laughter and questions
Deeply intellectual, emotionally sensitive, deeper than Orinoco

I wished your youthfulness wasn’t snuffed away too soon
That you loved, danced and prayed on the banks of the Demerara too
I still see twinkles when you asked how can to date;  how to love
Your days in the Hereafter will be better, my boy

So many love you and our hearts pray for peace!
Sisters weep for who will now hold their hands
Mother cries for where is my loving son?
The world must learn to engage love even for a second more!

No comments:

Post a Comment