Saturday 5 September 2015

#AlanKurdi

My son you're  not alone
My mommy has left and gone
You're with your mama  and sister
I'm fighting for children left to die  on shores of political minds

Clouded  by trivial fights
While humanity  cries
For a child  gone too early is humanity buried alive
Oh Canada why did you deny?

Alan how much I dreamed in my watery home
Days working for bread and roof
That the doctor you would  be
Returning  to save Syrians from misery

Your sister is the apple of my eyes
Now your mother enwraps her in Paradise
They treated  us like a number
We couldn't  wait for who is right and who is the other

The waves we braved breath after breath
My sister over yonder
The prayers of silent monks and those around the Kaaba
Must have been answered

For who must endure this lost
Like Dr AbuLaish and millions of others
Know there is no pain like leaving  my family in helpless surrender!
Alan I willl forever remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment