Friday 12 August 2016

Remembering My Mother Lyla Ali- 1st Anniversary

Too soon we say
A year has passed and the wounds are still bleeding
You moved on beyond the walls quickly
That smile and laughter still fresh in our minds

How can we forget the joy of your face?
How can we not want to spend the birthdays together?
When will this troubled heart find ease?
You flew away with life's wonder!

Under the moonlight and into the sunset
Your every ounce of kindness shines brighter
People who knew you say she was indeed a beautiful woman
Few are remembered this way- you were everyone's mother!

The prayers you taught me
The pursuit of happiness you empowered me
The sacrifice for education you gifted me
I have nothing to return except these frail hands clasped in prayer!

I love you mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment